The Community Development and Advocacy Center
To effectively realize its vision, CDAC commits itself to work collaboratively
with various systems of the Paulinian community.
It provides centralized leadership for all outreach activities of the institution and serves as an avenue for centralized monitoring of all the institution’s CES.
The SPUQC commits to ensure the safety of its community through the creation of SPUQC Disaster Management Coordinating Center (SPUQC-DRMCC) by which its major task is to plan and respond to any disaster and emergency situations.
Responding to disaster especially a catastrophic event is guaranteed to be unique, complex and confusing; hence, preparedness minimizes hazards’ adverse effects through effective education and precautionary measures that ensure a timely, appropriate and efficient organization and delivery of response and relief action.
- Create awareness among the employees and students on the disaster risk, prevention and mitigation.
- Keep abreast the employees and students on matters concerning disaster prevention and management.
- Ensure safe and security of employees and students as they participate in regular fire and earthquake drills.
- Make certain that the employees and students are vigilant, knowledgeable and skillful in terms of their actions during the event of disaster.
The SPUQC uphold its strong support to the church’s call for Laudato Si (Care for Environment) as doers, donors and practitioners in the preservation of nature and God’s creation; through promotion of a healthy ecosystem within and outside the school campus.
Thus, the SPUQC community inculcates the core values of Christ-centeredness and community into forming Paulinians as responsible steward of God’s creation.
- Inculcate among the employees and students the importance of providing care and respect for the environment.
- Mobilize the employees and students to participate in activities relevant to the preservation of environment in and out of the school campus.
St. Paul University Quezon City vows to its commitment to protect, preserve, nurture human life and uphold Filipino family tradition and values.
Hence, all SPUQC activities are geared towards preserving the culture of life and preserving the relationship of the family as a response to the challenges posed by the Holy Father in His letter, Amoris Laetitia, the Joy of Love.
- Ensure that all programs and activities, both in the institutional and academic level, reflect values on the preservation of life and Filipino family tradition.
- Instill in every Paulinian the value of human dignity and the harmony within the family and condemn any form of violence and threat against it.
Justice and Peace
The Justice and Peace advocacy is a response to the Church’s challenge of active faith witnessing, believing that “Action on behalf of justice and participation in the transformation of the world fully appear to us as a constitutive dimension of the preaching of the Gospel, or, in other words, of the Church’s mission for the redemption of the human race and its liberation from every oppressive situation.” [Justice in the World, 6]. As a Catholic university, we are committed to promote and advocate peace through works of justice in our community.
Thus, we act to:
- promote and defend the rights of the poor and the disadvantaged in the society;
- advocate justice for the oppressed and the underprivileged;
- integrate justice and peace education in our curriculum and community outreach;
- increase awareness of local and global justice and peace issues; and
- engage in social actions for justice and peace.